Friday, November 18, 2005

Pre-Chicago

I do apologise for the lack of updates for all my readers and fans out there (that's right, all 0 of you). But let's face it - it has NOT been an eventful week. Well, almost.

I'm dead tired (damn this Astro homework) so here's a list to summarise and do a quick point form storytale of sorts. Erm, not really.

1. I've just come back from a comedy performance by Pablo Francisco. For those of you who've had the pleasure to see him on television or see his videos, you'll know that he does great impersonations of voices, like a lot of comedians. At US$10, he was a gem and since we were off-camera, all forms of lewd jokes came out. Which is something nobody really minds, really.

I gotta give credit to the UVa University Program Council here, for being a student body that really handles programmes that a lot of university students are able to enjoy at highly reasonable prices. I mean, seriously, Pablo Francisco at $10 and Jason Mraz at $15? You can't really complain now, can you? (*hint to SMU kids who are dying to set up the university's 578th club that does nothing*)

2. This week turned out to be surprising in hearing from a number of friends studying in the US who are moving along in the whole job hunt process. Interestingly, all 3 friends (spread out amongst 3 pretty good American universities) are at different stages of the process - one's in the midst of interviewing, one is deciding between offers and the other has accepted his offer. I'm actually very happy for most of them, and this is actually one of those instances where I can proudly say that I don't look on with jealousy as they all really deserve this.

No, seriously, no jealousy! Stop laughing already, bitches.

3. Got back a mid-term exam for my Financial Trading module. Results were shockingly pleasant, and Jem did well for this exam too. While this does give me a reason to whine about how I don't have 200 job offers to choose from, I think there may be hopes at running a hedge fund.

Anybody got US$10 million to spare? I promise not to lose it all.

4. I've been tagged to join a list of Singaporean bloggers who study in the US. Which means there's more than 1 person (yours truly) reading this blog. How...unexpected. Maybe I should cash in on this and do something...like set up a business importing mutton soup into this country. Oh how I crave for kambing soup and bak kut teh...be still, my gut!

Gonna be off to Chicago this weekend, where temperatures are currently a-raging -7C (that's right, NEGATIVE) and with wind chill, it's supposed to have the effect of -14C. Wish me luck, amigos - I'll need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home