Friday, November 11, 2005

I'm in love.

It's true. I didn't come to UVa expecting this but I've fallen head over heels in love.

With Arrested Development (just be glad I didn't drag this one out).

I can't go on enough about how I love the show. It's so absolutely brilliant that every episode bears repeat watching about at least twice just to get all the hidden jokes. And of course, the killer bad puns just blow me away (yes, you need to have a rather sick sense of humour to enjoy bad puns) (incidentally they are known as double entendres).

----------------------
At a costume store:


Shopkeeper: "Are you going to buy this time or are you just curious?"

Tobias: "I suppose I'm, erm, buy-curious. Haha. I have a big TV opportunity."

Shopkeeper: "This is where all the big TVs come."

----------------------
Family attorney Bob Loblaw: "There's a 'Startled Straight' program at the fair. It involves you speaking to At Risk Male Youth - scare them away from criminal behavior."

George: "Okay I can do that."


At the fair...


Narrator: "But as it turns out, the fair had 2 'Startled Straight' tents. And George Senior had wandered into the church-sponsored one..."

George: "You wanna be some guy's girlfriend?"

Narrator: "...intended to scare gay young men into a heterosexual lifestyle."

George: "You wanna have some guy messing around in the middle of the night and reaching for your junk?"

Audience member: "Is he ugly?"

George: "No, it's pitch black. You don't see him. It never stops, guys, and everybody acts like it's no big deal."

Audience member: "Is there a cover charge?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home