Thursday, September 08, 2005

2 days' worth of thoughts...or not.

So much has happened over the 2 days but sometimes all I can think about is the insanity of all that's happening with Katrina. I'm probably much slower than most of the world in seeing some of the really horrendous stuff out there.

Life, however, goes on. Since this is in effect an alternative to a journal tracking what happens over the days, I'd just have to continue listing what I do here.

Today, I ran. Not for my life, but actual physical exercise. This is extremely shocking because I am, in general, a lazy bastard and rather prone to bouts of non-physical exercise. In fact, it was quite refreshing to run in the cool of the dawning Fall chill. The weather is just about right - short of the humidity that grips you in Singapore while providing sufficient cool such that you break a very small sweat. Which is actually nice if you have the fitness to run a longer distance.

On another note, the Astronomical Observation Lab session yesterday went pretty well. I am now able to identify the Vega star, the Cassiopeia constellation, the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper, and also randomly point to the sky and pretend that it's a dragon named Draco. I'm not sure I can get away with randomly pointing to the sky but we'll find out in due time. However, it still doesn't change the fact that it's pretty cool to have a class where u're just standing there watching the skies and leaning your head so far back that you might just snap your neck and become the resident freakshow.

I wish I had a picture of the night sky now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You actually ran? no shit!! haha i can so see song-aa running...accept it u walked 90% of the way. u and run dont go together...im still trying to figure out how u got thru 2 yrs of army.
yogi

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! can't believe you ran!! but it is really shiok to run in that sorta weather... it's freaking hot in Singapore to allow such a thing to happen. enjoy it while you can man... appreciate it.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home