Sunday, August 28, 2005

First real weekend in Charlottesville

It's been quite an interesting weekend, all things considered. I'm not going to speak much since I'm pretty exhausted despite sleeping in until 12pm (yes WL, stop giving me that look). Essentially, this weekend has been one for the suaku Singaporeans (i.e. Jem, L'ing and myself) to go visit an apple orchard, with pics to be uploaded. That essentially covers Saturday.

Sunday has been spent cooking as well as spending some time with the other exchange students in the Commerce school (conveniently and collectively known as the Bath girls because well, they're girls and they're from Bath university). Liying is very much convinced that I'm useless in the kitchen (which may well be true, except for my skills with instant noodles). I, of course, beg to disagree but it'll take some time for me to prove otherwise, which I'm not sure anyone is willing to accord me (not that I've that much reason to complain, though).

We've also spent dinner at Newcomb Hall, courtesy of Clara. Folks like her are on a meal plan so she's giving away her meals since it's accumulated on a weekly basis and everyone's in the "Let's give away free food to make people join our fraternity/club/association/hall/orgy" mode, resulting in a number of missed meals. This was a nice event except that the food in Newcomb is really nothing spectacular spectacular, which partially helps to explain her eagerness to give it away. Ah.

And for those intending to ever come to UVa, please learn your Chinese well. It's amazing how half the world wants to learn Chinese now and suddenly you're the person everybody wants to talk to about learning the language, however much your Chinese sucks. And when you're a useful friend, I'm sure you're gonna be a popular person.

Damn, I need to run. Stupid school full of running peeps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home